Thursday, May 12, 2005

Self revelation is a bitch

We all are at different phases of our lives. Some phases are full of happy times and laughs. Other phases suck. I am currently in one of the phases that have a suction equivalent to space. I find that my brain, that could handle all sorts of things while not in this nasty phase of life, falls down on the job repeatedly while in said phase.
Example 1: While on vacation, a very happy event, some signals get crossed and instead of shurgging and going forward, I flip out. I yell at my Brother, who has done nothing worthy of such wrath.
Example 2: While on same vacation, a very happy event, I end up swating my daughter at a resturante. For no other reason than she is being devilish with food items. Not that there is any reason to do such a pathetic thing.
On both occasions the event is followed almost imediately by a staggering sense of "what the F(#*$ing hell am I doing!"
What makes matters worse. As if they can get worse. Is that I am trying to track this nonsense. Writing it down, documenting what can lead to it.
And it isn't as though my brain says "okay the coast is clear, freak out!" Oh no. I get to do this infront of people I care about. Thus allowing them to share and enjoy the moment. I look like, and infact have acted, like a complete ass.
Situational depression sucks. I can see why people withdraw from the world while in depressive times. Its like the world is nothing but a huge china shop with really narrow isles and I am walking down one with a huge Mexican sombraro and a hoop skirt from Gone With The Wind. I can even understand why people go the extra mile and end their lives rather than continuing through the china shop. However that is not going to be my fate.
This phase will pass, in time, to be replaced by other phases, some good and some not so good. I hope that in the final analysis (pun intended) I can learn from this phase and apply it to the rest of my life to come.

No comments: