Tuesday, March 08, 2005

What is up with boats?

I am sure there are lots of people who lack the required brain damage to wish to invest actual, proper, cash into a boat. Verily I am not one of them. Perhaps it was the head injuries as a child, or maybe it is an hereditary illness.
It is clear that not everyone likes boats because not everyone has them. To the person with the dain-bramage almost anykind of water craft is worthy of inspection. From the 16 foot scow to the 88 foot oceangoing tug (large scow) all are fare game for the boat-brain.
Pier99, is like a crack house to a junky, by the time I have spent an hour walking the peir I have a plan all set in my mind about buying a big boat. Of course the plan is not set in the real world. Atleast not yet.
Personally I like big Chris Craft cruisers. The kind that had their keels laid about the same time I decided to get born. There was this neat 1967 CC Cavelier, all laquered up, a giant wooden fix.
When I was a lad of around 20 I wanted to buy a boat big enough to live on. Nowdays that dream is alive and well but the requirments of such a vessal get in the way of me ever being able to afford the Christiansen Motor Yacht of my dreams.
Would me girls like the boat? Well...(rationalizations galore) of course they would.
I would pilot the vessal from Willamette falls, to Astoria, to the Dalles, and learn all sorts of crap about navigation, and other such stuff.
But then I look at all the boats in the marina and note that most look seldom used, and then remember that it is the brain damage that is responsible for all this.

No comments: