Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Hal is dead, Father Lives


Hal my trusty, and rusty, old Dell Precision 530 died quietly over the weekend surrounded by family and friends. Hal served me really well for almost 7 years. The only reason was his Xeon processor. He had been augmented since his childhood. Now his boxy self is waiting to be scavanged for organ donation.

I hate buying new computers. I hate it like the dentist, or rectal exams, actually they both take less time than setting up a new box. It makes not a bit of difference whether you have skills, computer hacking, or not. It is a lousy day no matter what. Like buying a car accept in the case of the computer you have to take the annoying parts home and try to figure it on on your own.

Not only is hardware a bitch, but so is Vista. I am sure Vista will soon be slicing my bread and wiping myy behind, but at this point it is a fun to be with as Hitler after Stalingrad. No that is not quite the right analogy. A better one would be having to deal with an anoying yes man who is actually terminally passive aggressive. "Can I do this for you!? Let me do it! Now watch me ruin your life!"

This new computer has a ton of shit in it that Iwill take time to figure out. It is not a super de duper machine but it is better than Hal, in that it is alive and younger, newer faster and more up-to-date .

Core 2 Duo E6400
2 GB ram
400 GB HD
250 GB HD -from Hal
NVidia 7300 blah blah card
Tunder Card with HD in and out.
Sound gizmos with sound stuff
Media crap I probably won't use
A remote control - You can use it like a mouse
Vista Ultimate, Ombre, Maximum, Gargantuo, Omni Potens Deus.

No comments: