Thursday, October 19, 2006

Rama~Tet



Those pesky nay sayers trying to compare Iraq with Vietnam. You'd never here Bush do that! Oh...I guess he did. Then he said that the Democrats are all over the page on Iraq. I would say thank God somebody is trying to figure out what to do. Bush's deer-in-the-headlights approach is certainly not a winning strategy.

I was discussing this terrible problem with a freind over a drink, both of us lamenting the war, when I was asked what would constitue a good reason for going to war. I said I would only go to war if the survival of the United States depended on it. If the reason was given was anything longer than that it was probably not worth it. I would also say that any war is not worth fighting if a draft would be looked down on. I would fight for my country to keep us going. But not for some Iraq-like farce.

One other thing bothers me too. As a student of history I do not recall any Union troops being stop-lossed back into combat during the Civil War nor in WWI or WWII. How our worthless president can send these men back to hell because he can't figure out what to do, and still sleep at night is beyond me.

No comments: