Thursday, April 28, 2005

Educating the President

The President is either unifrormed about Social Security or simply lying in order to sway an ignorant segment of America. He says that Social Security is unfair because if a person dies they get a death benefit but have no ability to cash out their account. To educate him and others this is how the system works.

The money I pay into the current system pays the checks for Americans who draw from the system NOW. The money I will be getting will be being paid into the system by my kids. The Social Security System forces our nation to care about the wages of future generations. Shipping all the manufacturing over to the communists (Wal Mart Style) is not going to help me out any.

By diverting money out of the system into private accounts the current retirement community will be hurt, or we will have to borrow and bunch more money from the communists in China. (Isn't it ironic that the US's bank is the Communist bank of China?) The Bush administration has single handedly allowed China to have a direct and determining factor in how our nation works.

Bush can make all sorts of claims. But as a thinking citizen, when I hear Bush talk about how he "knows" there is a problem or is "certain" there is a problem. I grab my wallet and and prepare for the coffins to start rolling off the C141's

No comments: