Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My thoughts on campaign 2008...so far...


After many a month of ridiculous media hype the actual election year of 2008 is finally going to materialize. If you listened to the TV you would think that 2008 was already here. After watching CNN I kept wanting to write 08' on my checks.

But now there is less than 30 days until next year. So I will now start to blog about what I think should happen. Who I think should be President.

There is no doubt in my mind as of today. Barack Obama is the man for the Job. He is the only candidate that clearly speaks upon issues in a way I agree with. He is a good talker too. The idea that he is too young is nonsense. I remember one young man who saved the world from nuclear war before he got killed. As for being a black guy. Only the KKK should give a damn about that in this day and age. Who cares. I'd vote for him if he was purple.

The other candidates of note, Clinton, Edwards, Biden, etc are either too scripted or careful, or polished or just too dull. Except for Chris Dodd. I like Dodd too. But he is too old school and we need some real leadership and a fresh perspective. Obama is going to do that.

Obama is going to be a very good President and, so far, I will enjoy casting my vote for him.

No comments: