Thursday, January 11, 2007

Construction Zone


I am not sure why the construction of small scale things is as facsinating as it is. I have been working diligently on the G&G railroad for weeks now and things are progressing. But I look at it and conclude that there is not a single inch of it that serves a rational purpose. I am not facsinated with trains. I am not a trainspotter. I am not really much into industrial junk. However this is very very large part of the layout. along with the mountains. I like the mountains too.

The above photo is the portion of a town called Gregg Junction that is mythically located south of Portland on the Willamette River. You can see some of PDX in the background. The mainline train station is not present in this photo since it was not finished as of the date of the photo.

Gregg Junction is struggling to keep its urban look while alowing some gentrification. Some of the buildings above have been turned into lofts. The river front is still pretty poor and the spaces directly becide the traks are squalid.
The hotdog stand to the right is The Lunch Box.

1 comment:

Seigle, Lucy said...

Here at this site really the fastidious material collection so that everybody can enjoy a lot.hero construction