Thursday, January 25, 2007

Ack! Iraq!


More of my two cents worth on the big stink. The one man on the hill that has actually used my own verbiage on Iraq is Chuck Hagel (R). His statements yesterday were right on the mark and far more caustic than the limp bisckets around him.

Hagel pleases me and should please others too who tend to think that Republicans are all a bunch of preprogrammed charletans. I know that he is placing himself into the pot of potential candidates so I take what he says with a grain of salt. But his candor and clear communication regarding Iraq is refreshing. I am sure W and Cheney are busy trying to build a voodoo doll of him right now.

I still think that we are not having the debate we need to have. The arguments are all very slim and narrow. 21,500 or not 21,500. This is not a good sign. How much blood and money is it going to cost to "win" and what does "win" mean? This also is not a good sign. If we, 4 years into this war, are still arguing about what we want out of this war then that too is not a good sign.

Lots of bad signs all around. McCain says we need more troops. Okay Johnny where are they gonna come from? Kusenich says we need to get out now. Okay Davey how about Iraq? I mean we fucked it up and now were are just gonna leave it fucked up? Not very moral or ethical. Bush says we need 21,500. Okay W, lets cut the crap and tell all of us where those 21,500 are coming from. Mainly from the army that is already there. Stoploss GI's that are already there, and send back 3rd-time-a-rounders. And if 100,000 heavily armed guys in Baghadad isn't helping what will another 21,500 do?

Oh we are really in shit city over this big stinking mess.

Basically the new anthem of DC is written by The Clash:

Should I stay or should I go now?
Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go there will be trouble
An if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know

No comments: