Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Mid August Poll Crunch

Since so much stuff has been happening I am coming out with a mid-month review of the Presidents poll numbers. Here you go for your polling pleasure:

Approve: 43% (down 1%)
Disapprove: 52% (up 1%)
Duh I Dunno: 5% (holding steady)

What does this say about Bush? I suppose you could be cynical and say that dispite the disaster in Iraq, the trouble with Iran, the statospheric gas prices, etc, he is still garnering 43%. To the 43% he is the greatest President since Julius Caesar. To speak up for the guy I would say, "Who really cares what the people think? He is President, doesn't have to run for electioni again, has a friendly congress, so big deal about the polls."

If people are waiting for Bush to decide to be somebody other than the man he is they can forget it. I honestly don't think he cares if he leaves office with a 1% approval rating. He simply doesn't care what people think of him.

It isn't good to have a President who does not care what the people think of him. I do not want a President to govern by poll. That being said, I do want a President who has the ability to listen. We do not have an active listener in the White House. We have a man who sees himself as the leader, while posessing few qualities for that position.

No comments: