Thursday, February 03, 2000

Politics 2000

Okay so where do I stand on the Presidential race for 2000? Here goes:

  1. Under no circumstances will I vote for GORE. He could be anonted by angels fromon high and I would not vote for him. The guy is part of the Clinton machine and I see no use of keeping that thing in power. I like Gore, I think he is ethical and a good man. His politics, though not very activist, are not bad. I think the country would do fine with him. But him and his party won't get the time of day from me since they collapsed into an ethical black whole deffending that peice of shit I voted for. That poor decision-making, bad-judgment, very-big-liar.
  2. Third party candidates. Until we have real campaign finance reform these parties mean, no disrespect intended, absoultly nothing. It would be a cold day in hell when a thrid party candidate wins a national election. Furthermore third party candidates run the gambit too, from weirdo wrestlers and billionaire oil men, to fascist Hitler wanabies. That is not to say there aren't loads of good people out there running under thrid party banners. On local, township and state level elections third party people can win. But on the national level they might as well stick their heads in a pig. We need 100% public financing of elections with equal air time mandated by law. This ain't gunna happen anytime soon.
  3. In my opinion personal integrity is important but more so is the ability to sacrifice ones own self interest for the good of others. The only candidate who has shown that he is cabable of such behavior is John McCain. Though I do not agree with all his political stands he is the only person running who has, through action, shown me that he is capable of leadership. It is not just that he was shot down, tortured and spent five years as a POW. It was that when he was offered the chance to leave, he chose to stay a POW until all the men he was imprisoned with were released. That is courage.

So my pick for 2000 is John McCain.

No comments: