Monday, July 17, 2006

Honda C70 Passport


This ad just spews early seventies American crapola. Yes you too can be an urbane, cosmopolitan, father who cares. With your smoking jacket, silver flask of Cutty Sark, bril cream, and trophy wife you can spin around town and be the man of your dreams. Live the life of the scooter-generation, be cynical with hipsters in "mod" cafe's, live the trite life and come home on your little honda and park it next to your Buick Roadmaster or Mustang Mach 1.

Yes I am now a member of the "bought a 23 year old motorbike" crowd. It is 70cc's so I have to get an f'ing motocycle endorsement on my license. It's title is in the ether of history. And it can easily pop up on its back wheel if I shift into 2nd or 3rd before my speed has built up.

60 million of these zip around the developing world. Because America is a big fat country with people needing big fat machines, this never sold that well. It may be back soon with the silly gas prices we are paying. I was reading one report that if I use high octane gas I might get 120mpg on this scooter. That would be really nice. Of course I have to get over the whole "Don't know what the hell I am doing" phase in driving this thing. There is a goodly adrenaline rush when you are actually going fast. This is to Mikes Vespa what a barbie jeep is to my Scion but what the heck. If I hate this thing I should be able to sell it for what I paid for it.

So I will be putting around on this thing. If you see a silver and grey blur go by under a guy who knows little, then that is probably me.

3 comments:

Rodney said...

Congratulations on your C70. They wonderful bikes and are great fun to ride. Actually, they sold very well in the US, but Honda discontinued exporting them here so as to put more expensive (profitable)rides in the dealer showrooms.

Scott said...

Ah ha! Thanks for the info. It is a little rocket and so far I love it.

Novelty Documentation Express said...

Which is not one thing I normally do! I enjoy reading a post that can make people think. Additionally, thanks for allowing me to comment!If you want to learn more about Buy Best Novelty Documents Online you visit now