Thursday, May 25, 2006

My birthday prayer

Heavenly Father, through whose power I have come to be, and in whose care I dwell, I give thanks for all those people around me who also have offered me comfort and happiness. They are gifts from you and a blessing from you to me. For the lives of my daughters I give you thanks now and forever. For the lives of my brother and mother, I give you thanks now and forever. For all the people who have touched me with love, freindship, compassion and mercy, I give you thanks now and forever. And even for those who have treated me unkindly, have mercy upon them, bless them ,and bring to them your holy and undying love to open their haerts so they too may revel in the glory of the Lord. Set me on straight paths and turn me away from anger, revenge, and selfishness. Thank you for 41 years of life on this beautiful world. Bless me that I may continue to cling to you, my salvation, my refuge, my shepard. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

No comments: