Thursday, June 09, 2005

Review of The Last Detail

One of the more obscure movies that I find a perfect 10 is The Last Detail. This kind of movie could not be made today without a ton of war stuff and overacting. It was released in 1973. I think this movie and the French Connection are my too favorite early 70's films. Both are cinematic masterpieces. It took me ten years to see it all the way through. I always had to be somewhere before it ended. A couple of years ago I actually saw the theatrical version, way better than the TV edit, and it kicks ass. The film has a totally simple story told to perfection and acted to perfection by all the players.
I highly recommend it. I watched it again today and it reminded me that I sould let you know about its overt coolness.
The Last Detail should be in anyones 70's DVD collection.

Stars:
Jack Nicholson
Randy Quaid
Otis Young

No comments: