Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well the new year is upon us. And I must say for me it has been a very swift and adventurous start. My daughter got her first car yesterday! This is quite scary, not that she is not a good driver, but that it is yet another chapter of my life, and hers begun. I remember pushing her on a swing set and carrying her on my shoulders, and hiding out in her Lion-King tent and playing dolls. Now she is driving her own car. She is paying for it and the insurance and the gas.

I feel proud and sad at the same time. In seven more years I will be doing this again with my younger daughter. I told her that she is starting 2008 by getting a new car and will finish this year in college. Wow! I need God's help quite a bit these days.

Now onto other matters:

Iraq:
Hopefully this year will be better than last. As I have mentioned in an earlier blog, General Patraeus and Mr. Croker are really the last option for us there. They have been proving their worth by doing what should have been done years ago. It is monstrously sad how many soldiers and civilians might be alive today if the current occupant in the White House had listened to reason in the beginning.

Regarding the "beginning":
Even if the war ends this year, and I hope it does, the farce in Iraq will still be the worst blunder in US foreign policy. It was a war the NEVER HAD TO HAPPEN. UN resolution 1441 that ordered the Iraqi's to get rid of their WMD (remember that term?) was actually adhered to since we now know Iraq had already gotten rid of them. This was the reason the US used as a justification to go to war. Let us never forget that. The farce in Iraq has cost us almost half a trillion dollars and thousands of gallant soldiers who deserved better than to be sent to war for nothing.

The election:
Well Iowa is tomorrow. So what. I am tired of the entire election hinging on the machinations of a couple dinky states. Give all of us a chance to be heard!

John McCain:
I really hope he pulls out a win and even ends up with the nomination. As a final poke in the eye to the unlettered simpletons that tore him down in 2000. Then again modern Republicans have not been noted for their skill at choosing good leaders.

Barrak Obama:
The best man for the job. If you want a different crowd in the White House, he is the guy. Lets just not end up shooting him and making matters worse.

No comments: