Monday, April 10, 2006

Heinrich Himmler found Guilty...again



It was a hard faught case. My daughter was the lead defense attorney for Mr. Himmler. However after long trial, the Reichsfurher SS was found guilty of genocide and scentenced to death by fireing squad.

I was eating lunch a couple weeks ago and out of the blue my daughter asked me about what I thought about an insanity defense for Heinrich Himmler. After further prodding she told me that her history class was doing a mock trial of the war criminal and she had to defend him. I told her that if she could get Heinrich off she should go to law school. Her argument was that Himmler suffered from a personality disorder and also that he was under tremendous strain being the Reichsfurher SS and was woried about being killed himself by Hitler. I told her that the "I was just following orders" defense didn't fly at Nuremburg.

The defense team went with the insanity defense. That didn't work either. On the good side my daughter learned a lot about a scummy person she had never even heard of.

No comments: